A chemical messenger called oxytocin accounts for why some people give freely of themselves and others are coldhearted louts, why some people cheat and steal and others you can trust with your life, why some husbands are more faithful than others, and why women tend to be nicer and more generous than men. In our blood and in the brain, oxytocin appears to be the chemical elixir that creates bonds of trust not just in our intimate relationships but also in our business dealings, in politics and in society at large.
- How Parents Can Support Young People’s Mental Health
- Why You’re More Likely To Feel Low In The Winter
- Practical Tips For Keeping Kids Safe On Social Media
- How To Tell If Social Media Is Giving You Anxiety
- Depression Is Associated With Abnormal Function In The Brain
- Males With Body Image Issues And Eating Disorders Are Up To Four Times More Likely To Go Undiagnosed Than Females