Student Wellbeing and Leadership Program
The Student Wellbeing and Leadership Program equips student leaders in Years 11 and 12 with the skills and understanding to help maintain good mental health. It also empowers them to become leaders and advocates for mental wellbeing within their peer groups, families, schools and the wider community.
Friday, 10 March 2017 9.00am – 2.00pm AEDT
Individual student ticket – $10
Schools that send over 10 students to the Program will receive 2 complimentary passes to the Brisbane Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People Seminar on 26th May, 2017.
In the event that you need to cancel your participation, please note that free cancellation is available up to 2 weeks before the program. Cancellations received less than 2 weeks before the Program will not be refunded.
If you are interested in these topics but not based on the Gold Coast, you can participate via our Queensland Interactive Livestream that covers the same topics.
Topics & Facilitators:
- What’s Happening to My Brain?; A/Prof Michael Nagel, Researcher and Author, University of Sunshine Coast
- Stress Management: Coping with School and Study Stress; Andrew Fuller, Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Understanding and Managing Anger, Aggression and Challenging Emotions; Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, Managing Director, Top Blokes Foundation
- Sexting: Understanding the Consequences; Brett Lee, Founder, Internet Safe Education
There will be two breaks during the day. Please note, students will need to bring their own morning tea and lunch.
Princeton Room, Building 6, Level 3, University Centre, Bond University
- Parking is available at the venue. Enter PG3 car park (or PG4 if PG3 is full) off University Drive, turning left just past the Mirvac building – The Terraces are on the right hand side of the driveway entrance. Visit the venue website for more details, click here.
- Regular bus services operate from the University campus to the main shopping, residential and tourist areas on the Gold Coast. Visit Translink to plan your trip.
- Approx. 25 mins drive from the airport