Student Wellbeing and Leadership Program
The Student Wellbeing and Leadership Program equips student leaders in Years 11 and 12 with the skills and understanding to help maintain good mental health. It also empowers them to become leaders and advocates for mental wellbeing within their peer groups, families, schools and the wider community.
Friday, 17 March 2017 9.00am – 2.00pm AEDT
Individual student ticket – $10
Schools that send over 10 students to the Program will receive 2 complimentary passes to the Sydney Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People Seminar Main Program on 4th August, 2017.
In the event that you need to cancel your participation, please note that free cancellation is available up to 2 weeks before the program. Cancellations received less than 2 weeks before the Program will not be refunded.
If you are interested in these topics but not based in Sydney, you can participate via our National Interactive Livestream that covers the same topics.
Topics & Facilitators:
- Helping a Mate: Mental Health First Response; Dr Claire Kelly, Manager, Youth Programs, Mental Health First Aid
- Healthy Technology Use: Dan Haesler, Educator, Writer and Consultant
- Stress Management: Coping with School and Study Stress; Andrew Fuller, Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Choice Pathways: Consent and Healthy Relationships for Teens; Michelle Mitchell, Founder, Youth Excel
There will be two breaks during the day. Please note, students will need to bring their own morning tea and lunch.
Telstra Theatre, 400 George Street, Sydney
- Town Hall Station is a short walk away.
- The closest bus stops are on Clarence and Elizabeth Street.