Gold Coast Student Event
The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People
We have an exciting new project in the pipeline this year!
The Gold Coast seminar will be a student only event for senior high school students (Year 11-12).
There will also be a webcast available for schools to watch the live event and participate via their smartphones. For more information on the webcast, click here.
Generation Next is inviting senior high school students (Year 11-12) to attend their very own Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People seminar. The program is tailored for students and include panel discussions, presentations, polling and Q&A.
Where & When:
Friday 11 March 2016
9.00am – 2.00pm
Basil Sellers Theatre, Bond University
Topics & Speakers:
- How to Have a Healthy Relationship with Your Phone; Dr Justin Coulson, Parenting and Wellbeing/Positive Psychology Expert
- Connected Kids: The Potential of Pro-Social Media; Dan Haesler, Educator, Writer and Consultant
- Power of Laughter; Jean-Paul Bell, Creative Director, Arts Health Institute
- Unlocking Your Inner Genius – Resilience, Learning and Wellbeing; Andrew Fuller, Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Choice Pathways: Consent and Healthy Relationships for Teens; Michelle Mitchell, Founder, Youth Excel
There will be two breaks during the day. Please note, students will need to bring their own food.
Individual student ticket – $15
School group ticket – $250 per 30 students
Email email@example.com or call 1300 797 794 to register.
- Coming soon!
Basil Sellers Theatre, Building 6, Level 3, University Centre, Bond University
- Parking is available at the venue. Enter PG3 car park (or PG4 if PG3 is full) off University Drive, turning left just past the Mirvac building – The Terraces are on the right hand side of the driveway entrance. Visit the venue website for more details, click here.
- Regular bus services operate from the University campus to the main shopping, residential and tourist areas on the Gold Coast. Visit Translink to plan your trip.
- Approx. 25 mins drive from the airport