The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People
Friday, 24 May 2019 9.00am – 5.00pm
The 2019 program is still being finalised, SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for updates.
2018 Topics and Speakers
- Choosing Not to Hate; Alpha Cheng, Advocate for Social Cohesion; 2017 ACT Young Australian of the Year Nominee and Matt X, Counter Violent Extremist Consultant, Government, Intelligence and Non-Government Organisations
- Alcohol and Consent; Paul Dillon, Educator and Director, DARTA
- What’s Shaping the World of eSafety?; Greg Gebhart, Senior Education Trainer, Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner
- Developing Positive Body Image; Prof Susan J Paxton, Psychologist
- Everything May NOT Be Awesome…Are Smartphones Hurting Our Children?; A/Prof Mike Nagel, Researcher and Author, University of Sunshine Coast
- Rewiring Your Brain for Better Mental Health; Andrew Fuller, Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Gambling and Young People; Dr Sally Gainsbury, Senior Lecturer, School of Psychology; Deputy Director, Gambling Treatment and
- Sexting- Just Rude Pictures?; Brett Lee, Founder, iNESS; Former Police Officer
- Understanding Adolescent Sleep; Dr Chris Seton, Paediatric and Adolescent Sleep Physician; Staff Specialist, Sleep Investigation Unit and Respiratory Support Service, Westmead Children’s Hospital
This schedule is subject to change without notice.
If you’re looking for presentation notes and materials from previous seminars, you can find them here.
UQ Centre, Building 27A, University of Queensland, St Lucia
- The CityCat ferry is conveniently located walking distance on Sir William MacGreggor Drive and Blair Drive. Please visit Translink
- Limited paid parking is available on weekdays at the St Lucia campus
- Approx. 30 mins drive from the airport