Sydney – New South Wales Education Standards Authority (6 hours)
Generation Next is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at the level of Proficient Teacher.
Scope of Endorsement
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher in Standard 4, and for a number of courses addressing specific standard descriptors.
In 2017, the following courses contribute towards NESA Registered PD addressing particular standard descriptors:
- 1.1.2 for the course Nurturing a Healthy Mind
- 4.1.2 for the course Understanding and Managing Anger, Aggression and Challenging Emotions
- 4.1.2 for the course Understanding Anxiety in Young People
- 4.4.2 for the course Conversations We Should Be Having with Teens about Mental Health
- 4.4.2 for the course Preventing Depression in Youth
- 4.4.2 for the course Supporting a Young Person in Their Decision Not to Use Alcohol or Drugs
- 4.4.2 for the course The Dismantling of Girls’ Wellbeing: Issues and Solutions
- 4.5.2 for the course The Changing Environment of eSafety and the Importance of Digital Intelligence
Completing the above courses will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2, 4.1.2 , 4.4.2 and 4.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.