The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People Seminar in Canberra on 7 June 2019 constitutes 5 hours of ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited professional development at Proficient Teacher level.
2020 update: select sessions available online in the Mental Health & Wellbeing of Young People Online Learning Hub are eligible for TQI accredited professional development.
On the online hub, accreditation is available for all courses that include a TQI Documentation area (ones that do not are still pending). To gain professional development points, the documentation must be completed for each session. Each week, TQI are notified for all registered teachers who have completed two hours of learning and the associated documentation.
Every two hours of learning you complete (triggered by completing 2 hours worth of sessions and TQI documentation) will be applied to your TQI register. For example, if you have completed 2 x 45 minute sessions and a 30 minute session and all the quizzes, 2 hours of learning will be applied, this will occur again once you have accumulated the next 2 hours of learning.
Generation Next is aiming to address the following points in Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher.
- 1.1.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2 for the course Conversations with troubled young people- practical advice on how to do it
- 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 4.1.2 for the course Developing and strengthening good health and resilience: A developmental approach to nurturing resilience in young people with disability.
- 1.1.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2 for the course Choosing Not to Hate
- 4.1.2, 4.4.2 for the course From Trauma to Strength
- 4.4.2 for the course Helping young people through family separation
- 4.5.2 for the course How the internet is Affecting Youth Wellbeing
- 1.1.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2 for the course Attention Management in the age of digital distractions
- 4.1.2, 4.4.2 for the course Anxiety in Young people- practical support strategies for school communities
- 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.5.2, 4.1.2, 4.5.2 for the course Practical tips for working with autistic children and young people
- 1.1.2, 4.1.2, 4.2.2 for the course Green space and the power of nature play for shaping the developing brain
- 4.4.2 for the course Keeping young people safer at music festivals
- 3.7.2, 4.1.2 for the course Fathers & Daughters
- 4.1.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2 for the course The power of communication: Grit and positive well being
For more information about claiming your professional development hours visit your state registration authority.