The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People Seminar in Canberra on 9 June 2017 constitutes 5 hours of ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited professional development at Proficient Teacher level.
This seminar may contribute up to 6 hours towards your annual professional development requirements. Generation Next is aiming to address the following points in Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher.
- 1.1.2 for the course Nurturing a Healthy Mind: Common Sense Strategies for Wellbeing
- 4.1.2 for the course Understanding and Managing Anger, Aggression and Challenging Emotions
- 4.1.2 for the course Understanding Anxiety in Young People
- 4.4.1 for the course Conversations We Should Be Having with Teens about Mental Health
- 4.4.2 for the course Preventing Depression in Youth
- 4.4.2 for the course Supporting a Young Person in Their Decision Not to Use Alcohol or Drugs
- 4.4.2 for the course Talking to Young People about Porn
- 4.4.2 for the course The Dismantling of Girls’ Wellbeing: Issues and Solutions
For more information about claiming your professional development hours visit your state registration authority.