The Generation Next YouTube Channel is a FREE, open access resource on youth mental health. It aims to increase mental health literacy and help-seeking behaviour in the community, tackle the stigma associated with mental illness, and improve the prevention and management of mental illness in young people.
The Channel makes the latest strategies and information in youth mental health available anywhere, anytime, providing useful tips to better support the young people in your lives. It includes expert interviews, lectures and short, educational videos on mental illnesses affecting young people, emerging issues as well as prevention and response strategies. The Channel also features playlists on specific topics that we are continuously expanding and adding to.
Content accessed on the channel can also count towards self-allocated professional development points for teachers, counsellors and psychologists.
Some of our featured videos include:
Other popular videos:
- Quick Update: Building Resilience in Young People with Andrew Fuller (5:06 min)
- Quick Update: Cyberbullying Is a Mental Health Issue (1:39 min)
- Quick Update: Diagnosing ‘Aspies’, Mental Health Challenges and Special Interests (4:51 min)
- Quick Update: Gaming and Mental Illness – What Are the Links? (1:28 min)
- Quick Update: Healthy Eating for Good Mental Health (3:59 min)
- Quick Update: How Resilient Are Young People Today? (4:58 min)
- Quick Update: Supporting Children with Anxiety (3:52 min)
- Quick Update: Understanding Self-harm and Non-suicidal Self-injury (4:36 min)
- Quick Update: What Families Can Do to Promote Resilience (2:02 min)
- Quick Update: Why Do Some Young People Injure Themselves? (3:52 min)
- Lecture: Containing the Ripple Effects of Suicide (27:56 min)
- Lecture: Eating Disorders, Disordered Eating and Body Image (38:18 min)
- Lecture: Helping Young People in a Mental Health Crisis (36:36 min)
- Lecture: Holistic Approaches to Promoting Healthy Body Image (47:02 min)
- Lecture: Internet Addiction – Is It Real? (35:09 min)
- Lecture: Obesity and Eating Disorders: Two Sides of the Same Coin? (30:28 min)
- Lecture: Positive Psychology Strategies to Reduce Depression in Teens (38:45 min)
- Lecture: Understanding Anxiety in Young People (42:31 min)