The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Young People
Friday, 22 June 2018 9.00am – 5.00pm
2018 Topics and Speakers
- Choosing Not to Hate; Alpha Cheng, Advocate for Social Cohesion; 2017 ACT Young Australian of the Year Nominee and Matt X, Counter Violent Extremist Consultant, Government, Intelligence and Non-Government Organisations
- What’s Shaping the World of eSafety?; Greg Gebhart, Senior Education Trainer, Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner
- Developing Positive Body Image; Prof Susan J Paxton, Psychologist
- Everything May NOT Be Awesome…Are Smartphones Hurting Our Children?; Prof A/Prof Mike Nagel,Researcher and Author, University of Sunshine Coast
- Rewiring Your Brain for Better Mental Health; Andrew Fuller, Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Gambling and Young People; Dr Sally Gainsbury, Senior Lecturer, School of Psychology; Deputy Director, Gambling Treatment and
- 4 Steps to Emotional Intelligence; Dr Justin Coulson, Parenting, Wellbeing, and Positive Psychology Expert, justincoulson.com and happyfamilies.com.au
- Sexting- Just Rude Pictures; Brett Lee, Founder, iNESS; Former Police Officer
- Understanding Adolescent Sleep; Dr Chris Seton, Paediatric and Adolescent Sleep Physician; Staff Specialist, Sleep Investigation Unit and Respiratory Support Service, Westmead Children’s Hospital
This schedule is subject to change without notice.
If you’re looking for presentation notes and materials from the previous seminars, you can find them here.
Llewellyn Hall, ANU School of Music Building 100, William Herbert Place, Canberra
- Approx. 12 mins drive from the airport