This is our flagship Generation Next program, targeted at frontline professionals working with young people in the education, community and health sectors, in particular teachers, counsellors, social/youth workers, nurses and psychologists.
2018 Topics and Speakers
- Choosing Not to Hate; Alpha Cheng, Advocate for Social Cohesion; 2017 ACT Young Australian of the Year Nominee and Matt X, Counter Violent Extremist Consultant, Government, Intelligence and Non-Government Organisations
- Alcohol and Consent; Paul Dillon, Educator and Director, DARTA
- What’s Shaping the World of eSafety?; Greg Gebhart, Senior Education Trainer, Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner
- Developing Positive Body Image; Prof Susan J Paxton, Psychologist
- Everything May NOT Be Awesome…Are Smartphones Hurting Our Children?; A/Prof Mike Nagel, Researcher and Author, University of Sunshine Coast
- Rewiring Your Brain for Better Mental Health; Andrew Fuller, Clinical Psychologist, Inyahead
- Understanding Adolescent Sleep; Dr Chris Seton, Paediatric and Adolescent Sleep Physician; Staff Specialist, Sleep Investigation Unit and Respiratory Support Service, Westmead Children’s Hospital
- Sexting- Just Rude Pictures; Brett Lee, Founder, iNESS; Former Police Officer
- Gambling and Young People; Dr Alex Blaszczynski, Professorial Research Fellow and Director, Gambling Treatment and Research Clinic
This schedule is subject to change without notice.
If you’re looking for presentation notes and materials from the previous seminars, you can find them here.