This BBC article profiles a group of teens who are making great strides in social, political and environmental arenas.
- Greta Thunberg is a Swedish teen activist has become a leading voice for climate change activism.
- Malala Yousafzai wrote and published an anonymous diary about her life in Pakistan under Taliban rule when she was just 11, which quickly gained huge attention.
- In February 2018, a gunman stormed Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killing 17 people. Emma González emerged from this tragedy to co-found the gun-control advocacy group Never Again MSD.
- At the age of 15, US high school student Jack Andraka invented what may one day become a cheap way to detect pancreatic cancer.
- Amika George decided she had to do something to fight period poverty in the UK and founded #FreePeriods when she was 17.
Read more about these inspiring young people here>>